Friday, April 10, 2009

A Love Letter

Happy Easter beloved,
May God bless and guide you all!

This is just a poem I wrote some time ago;

A Love Letter

That flutter of panic,
as anxiety races to fear,
clutching at straws;
Something is missing
Something that should be here

A feeling so strong
it’s compelling
Recognition:
that feeling I feel
is longing

More than missing
Gone further than away
who are You? where are You?
An ache that takes hold
Now that i’ve noticed it won’t go away

A fervour, a fever,
call it obsession
that clamours at my soul.
Whatever consumes me, it’s taken possession
and I no longer feel whole

But how do I find you?
I pick up my phone to call
in vain: I don’t know your number
your face, your name
And yet, how does a stranger enthrall?

I need you, I love you;
Those age-old words.
Yesterday they sounded trite
I can’t breathe without you, I’ll die without you;
Today they simply sound right

More than love, more than I miss you
without You I am missing.
No longer one, not half, not even one part
blended together (two became one)
my Alpha, my Omega; my heart

A distant song
a sound that caused my soul to sigh;
hauntingly familiar,
tauntingly close,
An echo from the beginning of time.

Unaware I was incomplete,
the confusion of missing,
without knowing what was gone.
Now that I know you
I am bound tighter than at birth.
There is no return
to life without You,
the gravity holding me to earth.

3 comments:

M. Akamau said...

This is SUCH a beautiful poem...almost haunting --- gentle and beautiful.

misschatterbox said...

Thanks sister :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'll have to post some more of my poetry :)
xx Pamela

Susanne said...

Wow,such heartfelt, lovely words!