Saturday, July 16, 2011

be-LATE-ed blogging..

How do I start this post? My laptop keys are rusty, my fingers creak and ache with the unfamiliar feel of typing and my brain flickers feebly and with the attemots to string a sentence together. Yes, dear friends it has been a shamefully long time since I have written!
I don't really know where to start so I will keep it short and simple - sorry but this will not an entertaining post...

I have now been married 7 months or so to my darling husband. I have been job hunting after finishing post-graduate studies last year, and working as a waitress in the mean time. Habi has been working as a waitor too.
We are awaiting for the outcome of Habi's application for asylum in Australia, which will grant him permanent residency (a whole other blog topic!)

In general things are good - as some of you may know the we had our fair share of problems but we have faced them together and things are improving.

Financially our situation has improved - his father had stopped all finanical support and he had been left with outstanding study fees of about $4000, plus rent, return airfare and other costs, but we managed to pay it all off and the remaining $5000 for him to complete his units. It was a huge milestone when he went back to study a few weeks ago, and made us both so happy, and so aware for how God has provided for us!

Things have also improved marginally with hubby's family. His family had not spoken to him for a year, with the exception from a few relgious emails criticizing Christianity from his brother and the occaisonal text message saying "how are you" from his sister. When he replied, she did not text back. He continues to text his parents (they don't answer his calls) without response, but his sister has actuallyspoken to him on the phone for the first time! And his other sister has sent a text message, which is very encouraging.

We have wonderful support from our church community, in the Anglican church we attend, the wider christian community and the arabic community especially. It's wonderful for hubby to have other "MBB"s (Muslim Background Believers)to support him, as they have all faced similiar situations.

Well I'm off - hope you are all well xx

P.S Keep an eye out for my new blog, which shall be the more lighthearted vignettes and anecdotes of a new wife :)

5 comments:

LK said...

Glad to have you back :)

Anonymous said...

thanks LK!! :)

Susanne said...

Yay, it was so nice to see you on my blog the other day. I'm glad you are back! And your post is encouraging to me. It's so wonderful to read how God has blessed you two. I'm glad you have wonderful communities to support you as well. One day I'm thinking Habi's family will come around. Thanks for sharing!

Miss Chatterbox said...

thanks! we afre so blessed to be encouraged by so many wonderful people - including online friends! We're praying and hoping for his family, and knowing that everything is in God's time :)

P.S These days whenever I try and comment on my own blog it gives me the option "select profile" and even though I am signed in I select "Google account" it goes to the sign in page and i sign in, iy directs back to the comment page and wants me to enter the letters below and when I do it tells me to sign in again!!!
So i am stuck commenting under URL/name or as anonymous!!

Nikki said...

I read the wedding post first and then this one and may I just say it's so good to get an update from you! I hope God keeps both you and Habi happy in life and happy together. :)